BHIS week 7 Case Study
Rely on our professional academic writers and forget about missing deadlines. All custom papers are written from scratch.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
This unit explores how individual patient care data and information systems may contribute to the can be used to help manage population health and expenditures through the public health sector and through public/private organizations such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
Click the video below to watch the introduction from your faculty.
Chronic Disease Surveillance STEPS Approach
At the end of this week you will be able to:
Analyze how the development of informatics in public health represents a shift from the historical status quo toward new missions, new identities, and new opportunities. (CLO 1,2,3,4)
Explain how health informatics has advanced the mission of the community public health departments for individual health behaviors. (CLO 1,2,3,4)
Interpret the movement towards Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and how this represents a potential major shift in the delivery of health care. (CLO 1,2,3,4)
Assess how individual patient data can contribute and integrate local findings to public health’s mission of disease management and prevention. (CLO 1,2,3,4)
EHR SYSTEMS TO DISEASE SPECIFIC AND SYNDROMIC SURVEILLANCE- SIMULATION ASSIGNMENT (100 Points)
Online Learning Materials: Each of you will work independently this week to read, analyze and write-up an assigned health care organization role and simulation IQUERY Surveillance Simulation Data Tool associated with integration of Public Health in primary care. Specifically, the case studies focus on the role of HIE to integrate Public Health practices in the clinical setting to improve the quality of primary care.
Simulation Assignment Instructions
Required Simulation Assignment Format:
Each case write-up should be 1000 words (+/- 50 words). Answer the four questions about the case in the order in which they are presented below. This will give you an organized outline for your write-up. Be sure that your response substantively addresses the following four questions:
Simulation Assignment Format:
- Background/Introduction – Background and introduction to the case study.
- Analysis – Responses to the assignment questions using section headers and supportive references.
- Question 1: Formulate a hypothesis regarding the current trends in integrating primary care and disease-specific/syndromic surveillance? Defend your hypothesis with evidence from the type of data is collected. (This is your position statement.) (WO 1)
- Questions 2: Discuss and defend the role of Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s), your assigned role and health information systems (EHRs, CDSS and HIE) as appropriate to disease specific and syndromic surveillance systems. (WO3)
- Question 3: Conclude and explain the successful achievements of the health care information systems based on the data in the IQUERY TOOL. In spite of the success in data collection, and considering lessons learned on health care information systems, how can the data be collected differently and why? Interpret and discuss strategies that the organizations could have been done differently. (WO2)
- Question 4: Propose and discuss the future prospects regarding the integrating disease specific/ syndromic surveillance and primary care, defend your conclusions regarding the likely success in integrating primary care and public health practice in improving population health. (WO4)
- Conclusion – Concluding discussion and comments using references as needed.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online