Cuyamaca College CH2 James Clyburn On Success and Failure Analysis Paper
Rely on our professional academic writers and forget about missing deadlines. All custom papers are written from scratch.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Story Corp: Listening is an Act of Love: NPR also has a program entitled “StoryCorp” This program records people in little booths across the US. Couples, siblings, children, grandchildren, etc all sit down and have a conversation that is recorded and put in an archive for future family members to hear. This program reminds us that “Listening is an Act of Love.” We learn about each other through dialogue. An important part of that dialogue is listening to each other. Through listening, we learn. StoryCorps is an organization that brings us together to share our interpersonal experiences. The stories you will listen to for this assignment are connected to the content of the course. All of the relationships are interpersonal, involve perceptions, emotions, language, nonverbal and of course, listening (styles).
For this assignment, you will “listen” to the voices of “two people who are important to each other.”
Before you post your responses, you will need to do the following:
- Visit http://www.storycorps.org/listen and search for stories related to relationships/interpersonal topics and issues. That is, pick a story that speaks to you and is related to the course materials
- Choose at least 3/three stories to analyze.
- Listen to each story and take notes.
Once you have taken notes about the stories, you will write an essay response. Upon completion, your essay should
- have a clear (and brief) introduction, a body and a clear (and brief) conclusion format.
- be 1000-1200 words in length.
- incorporate three references from three different chapters in the course textbook. Other textbooks, articles, websites and such will not be accepted.
- include a clear in-text citation (text chapter, page number) of materials from our textbook.
- not include a reference page.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- represent college-level writing
In your post, you must include:
- Information about the website and its history and purpose (be brief).
- The title or theme of each of the three stories.
Body: Using a proper essay format, answer the following questions about each of the stories you have chosen:
- Name the speaker(s) and the interviewer(s) and their relationship.
- Explain what the story is about, the theme.
- What experiences have shaped the lives of each person in the story?
- How does each person in the story respond, physically or emotionally, to these experiences?
- Explain what you got each out of each story/interview
- What did you have in common with the interview/story?
- What connection do you have to the topic? If you did not have any thing in common or connect with interview/story, explain how you responded emotionally and intellectually to these experiences.
- Finally, include working hyperlinks to the essays you used for this assignment.
Conclusion: Briefly summarize the content of your essay.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online