1. Read: Discussion Background
Erica works for a local wellness clinic. She was asked to write an article for the patients to inform them about the importance of maintaining a healthy diet. The topic of her first body paragraph is focused on the idea that maintaining a healthy diet prevents various illnesses. Review her paragraph below.
To begin, maintaining a healthy diet can help prevent many serious illnesses. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for adults in the United States. Eating good will help with all that. High blood pressure is super bad. This can lead to stroke, cardiac arrest, or even death!!!!!!!!! A reduced risk of cancer is another benefit to eating healthily. If people consume foods that are rich with antioxidants, it will help protect their cells from damage, reducing the likelihood of getting this life-threatening disease. In conclusion, healthy eating can prevent or even eliminate many different health conditions.
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below.
For your initial post, answer all the prompts in Step 2. (Due Wednesday). Use complete sentences to answer each prompt. Refer to the discussion rubric grading criteria expectations.
- Discuss two strengths in Erica’s first body paragraph.
- Describe two specific recommendations that will help Erica improve this paragraph.
- Identify a situation in your future career that may require you to compose an effective paragraph.