Benchmark Assignment-Training and Development
Training and development prompts change within an organization. The goal of training is to identify areas for improvement and to develop growth opportunities that support the employees in their professional career.
For this assignment, you are required to develop a small training exercise in the form of a PowerPoint presentation. Review previous needs assessments and training observations conducted at your workplace to help identify one area for improvement that would benefit your organization. This training exercise does not need to be implemented but should include at least one deliverable that you could use during the training exercise. As you are reviewing your organization, consider employee engagement, systems and procedures, communication, resources, succession planning, and the culture within the organization. These are suggestions for possible areas that could benefit from a training exercise.
Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation of your training exercise, with speaker notes, and include the following:
· What are the overall goals for the training or the benefit to the selected organization?
· What are two specific objectives for the training exercise?
· What processes or procedures will change after the training has been completed?
· Describe the strategies or actions involved in the training exercise to meet the established goals and objectives. What is the expected employee performance or application after the training? How will the strategies drive successful business results and improve employee performance?
· How will the organization provide support to the current employees receiving this training? To new employees? How will the effectiveness of the training exercise be measured to confirm the anticipated improvement of employee performance?
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.