You have been granted an interview with your governor of California regarding the state’s preparedness and response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will want to prepare for the interview by reviewing relevant resources and also develop 15–20 relevant questions to ask the governor.
You have covered many aspects of public health in this course. For this assignment, you will apply at least two relevant concepts from Units I–VI to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will be researching California’s response to the pandemic to prepare yourself for interviewing the governor of your state.
Here are the two relevant topics covered in Units I–VI that you will research the background and etiology of COVID-19 as well as your state’s preparedness and response.
1. Identify a target population in need of a public health intervention.
2. Discuss personal responsibility as it relates to health outcomes.
The background information should include a brief timeline on the COVID-19 outbreak and the state of California preparedness to handle such a public health crisis. You will want to familiarize yourself with the timeline of how your California’s governor responded to the pandemic.
The types of questions to include are listed below:
1. Questions related to your selected concepts from Units I–VI;
2. Questions related to the rights of citizens versus public health;
3. Questions that examine the COVID-19 epidemiological reports for your state, if available, or those prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and questions related to epidemiology and surveillance; and
4. Questions that evaluate the impact that external affair have played on your state’s ability to respond to COVID-19.
Prepare 15–20 relevant questions that you want to ask the governor based on these concepts. Include one question per slide along with speaker notes with references as evidence to support your question. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. Include title and reference slides.
Please Follow The Directives To The Letter…