Imagine you are an advisory board member for a Fortune 500 organization,
representing the Information Technology Division. Your organization is looking
forward to expanding its mobile software development platform and optimizing
software project management practices. Specific organizational goals include
minimizing software development costs and improving the reliability of mobile
applications. As a member, you are asked to qualify methodologies and recommend
best practices for optimizing software development.
Research frameworks that may be used for meeting the organization’s goals
and consider best practices for software project management strategies for this
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Describe how the development-process framework provides opportunities for
streamlining software development, increasing quality, and minimizing risk.
Explain the distinct focus areas that exist within system engineering and
software development. Note: Refer to Figure 2.1B in Chapter 2 of the textbook
for information on process frameworks for developing software-intensive
- Compare and contrast at least two (2) traditional software development
process models with respect to iterative-development process models. Provide
details on the various benefits and challenges that each method offers for an
aggressive mobile development strategy.
- Determine at least three (3) risks that may occur if the requirements
engineering process is not properly followed. Speculate on how failing to
perform these processes may lead to project failure. Include examples to support
- Develop a software project management plan for the organization described
within the scenario above. Describe the minimum level of detail that should be
included within each section of the plan. Note: Refer to Table 4.4A in Chapter 4
of the textbook for information on templates for a software project Determine
how each component of the software project management plan facilitates and
ensures that the project team members have adequate direction for a software
development project. Include at least two (2) scenarios that may occur if a
project is improperly planned.
- Recommend at least three (3) best practices for software project management
strategies for this project.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Use the following template