In this Assignment focused on resolving an employee problem, you will engage in developing the following professional competencies:
Defining an unstructured problem
Make ethical decisions and solve problems
Deal with conflict effectively
All of these professional competencies are desirable in the competent employee in the current workplace. Often employees must work in various teams on a multitude of projects or initiatives. In order to work successfully, employees must actively listen to other team members to solve what are often unstructured problems in an integrous manner.
- Read the background information.
The Company: PROScout Marketing
Mission Statement: We scout talent for tomorrow’s work. We are a focused team of professionals committed to finding the best qualified candidates for our clients. Job candidates are screened for the highest ethics, talent, skills, and abilities. We stand behind our efforts and candidates at the time of hire or we will not charge our clients a fee if the candidates are not acceptable.
- Listen carefully to the following phone messageregarding an employee problem .
After you have listened to the message the first time, read the checklist items below, and then listen again to the message taking detailed notes in response to those items. Begin writing only after you are sure you can respond well to each item.
- Then respond to the following Checklist items:
- Explain the problem or problems.
- As the boss (Kelly), what questions might you ask this employee to clarify your understanding? As the employee (Amalie) what questions might you ask your team to clarify your understanding?
- Determine what might be the best leadership approach (from the options in your text) for the boss (Kelly) in this situation based on the mission statement and explain why.
- Based on your knowledge of conflict resolution from the chapter Reading, how might you resolve or respond to the as the employee (Amalie)?
- What if the employee (Amalie) does not hear back from her boss in time, what particular to this scenario would you advise her to use to communicate effectively regarding the problem(s) to all concerned and why? Explain each communication process step (specific to the scenario) to be used regarding resolution of this problem(s).
Directions for submitting your Assignment:
Provide a 2–3 page response to the checklist items above (also include an additional title and references page) using correct grammar, spelling, and APA format and citation style. After you have saved a copy to your files, upload your Assignment to the Unit 8 Assignment Dropbox before the end of the unit.