Assignment 2.2: Policemen of the
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
You have already developed a thesis
statement and developed an outline in which you explored two (2) real-life
international incidentsfrom the past five (5) years involving the United States
as they received an elevated status as a world power. Now you will develop the
final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in
- Introduce your paper with your previously
crafted thesis statement.
- Identify two to three (2-3) international
events from the past five years that can be traced back to a foreign policy
created after the Civil War.
- Discuss three (3) aspects of US history
since 1865 that has led to the US’s rise as a world super power
- Identify three to five (3-5) international
incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing
- Determine three to five (3-5) driving forces
that fueled international policy decisions involving the international incidents
you outlined previously. (Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars,
- Use at least three (3) quality references.
Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic
Your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New
Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and
references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor
for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of
the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and
the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes
associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the rise of the United States to a
world “superpower” and how that status has shaped its internal developments in
- Recognize the major turning points in
American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to
research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about
contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.