In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- Describe the roles of various departments involved in the delivery of care and services
Crystal Creek is a long-term care facility that provides rehabilitative, restorative, and ongoing skilled nursing care to patients in need of assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, eating, and walking. You are a healthcare coordinator, responsible for the administrative components of patient care at Crystal Creek, and you act as a liaison between the patients and the medical staff. You have been tasked with helping to train a new healthcare coordinator starting on your team. As a part of this responsibility, your supervisor has asked you to create a training resource to explain the roles of the various departments within Crystal Creek and the integrated healthcare model that the facility uses to promote quality care.
Crystal Creek is comprised of the following departments:
- Clinical staff
- Activities staff
- Medical office
- Marketing and sales
- Human resources
For this project, you will create a training resource for a new hire on your healthcare coordinator team. You will describe the facility’s departments and explain the integrated healthcare model that Crystal Creek uses to promote quality care across departments.
Specifically, you must address the following:
Begin your training resource by describing the various departments that make up Crystal Creek. In your description, be sure to include the following:
- The primary responsibility of each department and its role in supporting the organization and its patients
- A description of the specific roles of staff members in each department (Consider both the clinical and nonclinical roles within the organization.)
Currently, Crystal Creek uses the integrated healthcare model to promote quality care across departments. Explain the following aspects of this model to future trainees:
- How the integrated healthcare model promotes quality care across all departments in an organization.
- Why the integrated healthcare model approach is used to support positive patient outcomes and how it differs from a service delivery model.
- How using the integrated healthcare model promotes interdepartmental collaboration.
What to Submit
Every project has a deliverable or deliverables, which are the files that must be submitted before your project can be assessed. For this project, you must submit the following:
Training ResourceYour training resource will describe the facility’s departments and explain the integrated healthcare model that Crystal Creek uses to promote quality care across departments. Your resource should consist of a PowerPoint presentation (5–8 slides) with speaker notes (500–1,000 words). Alternatively, you may create a pamphlet or other visual resource. You may submit your files as a Word document, PDF, or PowerPoint file.