Community members who attended the annual neighborhood picnic earlier today are experiencing illness which they believe is related to food served at the picnic. Using the information provided below and in the assignment file:
- Calculate the attack rate(s). Show your work.
- Determine which food is mostly likely to have caused the illness?
Using the given information, calculate the mean, median, mode, and range of the amount of ham and the amount of potatoes. During the investigation process, investigators questioned each person who became ill and who also ate ham and/or potatoes, how many slices of ham and how many potatoes they ate.
- Number of slices of ham eaten: 1, 3, 4, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 3, 2, 4, 1, 2, 6, 2, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 2
- Number of potatoes eaten: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 1, 9, 6, 8, 4, 10, 14, 6, 4, 3, 2, 7, 3, 1, 7, 5, 9, 4, 15, 5, 5
- For each food item, calculate the total percentage of people who became ill. (Total number of people who became ill divided by the total number of people).
- Discuss your findings and explain how the study of epidemiology and use of descriptive statistics can assist in disease prevention. Submit your response as an APA page (at least one page) not counting the title page and reference page.
- Submit all parts for grading.
Meet CAHIIM Curriculum requirement for Bachelor Degree.
- Domain III. Informatics, Analytics and Data Use
- Subdomain III.C. Analytics and Decision Support
- Section 4. Analyze clinical data to identify trends that demonstrate quality, safety, and effectiveness of healthcare.
- Competencies: Descriptive statistics o Mean, standard deviation, ranges, percentiles
- To understand the calculation and use of attack rates and descriptive statistics in epidemiology.