Please read the following case study details. Then respond to the questions below. You are also asked to provide a brief introduction of yourself to the class. Be sure to respond to those questions at the end of your posting.
You are a nurse caring for women in a rural clinic. This clinic serves most of the area’s population and provides comprehensive women’s healthcare. This includes things such as: STI treatment, birth control, prenatal Care, pregnancy care, and care for all ages.
Kristen is a 17-year-old female who lives with her parents and is about to start her senior year at the local high school. She has a boyfriend who is also a senior and they have been dating for 1 year. Kristen is active in band and choir, and has never had many health problems.
“I’m having some pain when I pee and lots of discharge down there,” as she points to her genital region. Kristen also admits to being sexually active with her boyfriend and has irregular periods. She is unsure when her last LMP was.
Chicken pox as a child. UTD on all immunizations. Tonsils removed 2013.
In your initial response, please answer the following questions:
- What are some additional assessment questions you would like to ask the client? (List 5-7 items you would like to investigate and know more about)
- What are the top 2 priorities of care for this patient and why?
- What physician orders would you expect to receive as the nurse? (List and explain rationale for order)
- Should Kristen’s parents be involved/contacted? Would this be different if she was pregnant?
- What patient education should be included in the care of this client?
- Add a question: After you have analyzed the content from the discussion board, please add a question to the end of your initial post regarding the reading material for the week.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.