- Describe the structural parts of a neuron and explain function of each.
- Describe the structures and functions of multipolar, bipolar and unipolar neurons.
- List and describe structures and functions of neuroglia of the central nervous system.
- List and describe structures and functions of neuroglia of the peripheral nervous system.
- Differentiate between white matter and gray matter.
- Describe the functions of afferent and efferent nerves.
- List the components of the central nervous system.
- List the components of the peripheral nervous system.
- Compare and contrast the sympathetic nervous system with the parasympathetic nervous system, provide functions for each.
- Describe structure and provide a generalized function for each of the following regions of the brain: brain stem, diencephalon, cerebrum, cerebellum.
- List and describe the 3 layers of the cranial and spinal meninges and the spaces between the layers; describe the two major structural differences between the cranial and spinal meninges.
- Differentiate between the autonomic and somatic nervous systems.
- Describe the process of depolarization and repolarization of neurons.
- Differentiate excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters and describe their role in the conduction of nerve impulses.
- Explain the function of the cerebrospinal fluid; explain locations and functions of choroid plexus and arachnoid villi (granulations).
- List the cranial nerves and describe their functions; list the spinal nerves and describe their functions.
- Differentiate between autonomic and somatic reflexes.
- Describe the components of a reflex arc and explain the role of each.
- Describe the stretch reflex, withdrawal reflex, crossed extensor reflex, palpebral reflex, and pupillary light reflex.
- Describe the changes in brain tissues and functions with aging.
Who we are
DuePapers.net provides an online platform that allows you to create custom assignments. Students who need help with homework, such as “do my homework online” or “write my assignment for my” are most likely to use our website.
Our agents are waiting to serve you
+1 (940) 305-2632