MSN CLASS- PLEASE READ ENTIRE ASSESSMENT, EXAMPLE TEMPLATE ATTACHED.
Create a 5-7 slide PowerPoint presentation about an evidence-based population health improvement plan.
Master’s-level nurses need to be able to think critically about the evidence, outcomes data, and other relevant information they encounter throughout their daily practice. Often the evidence or information that a nurse encounters, researches, or studies is not presented in the exact context of that nurse’s practice. A key skill of the master’s-level nurse is to transfer evidence from the context in which it was presented and apply it to a different context in order to maximize the benefit to patients in that new context.
Master’s-level nurses need to be able to think beyond the bedside. It is important to research, synthesize, and apply evidence that will result in improved health outcomes for the communities and populations that are part of your care setting. Improving outcomes at a community or population level, even incrementally, can create noticeably significant, aggregate health improvements for patients across all of a care setting.
Your organization has created an initiative to improve one of the pervasive and chronic health concerns in the community. Some examples of possibilities for health improvement initiatives include type 2 diabetes, HIV, obesity, and communicable diseases. You will need to do your own research to gather and evaluate the relevant data for your chosen issue.
Once you have created a presentation for the initiative, you have been asked to present to a group of community stakeholders. The purpose of your presentation is to inform and enlist support for the initiative from your audience.
The optional Evidence-Based Population Health Improvement Plan Presentation Template [PPTX] is provided to help you prepare your slides. If you choose to work without the template, consider referring to Creating a Presentation: A Guide to Writing and Speaking and Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX].
The suggested headings for your presentation are:
- Community Data Evaluation.
- Meeting Community Needs.
- Measuring Outcomes.
- Communication Plan.
In your presentation, you will:
Evaluate the environmental and epidemiological data about your community so that you can determine a population health issue within a chosen community.
- Identify the relevant data. This can be communicated in a table or chart.
- Describe the major population health issue suggested by the data within your community.
- Explain how environmental factors affect the health of community residents.
- Identify the level of evidence, validity, and reliability for each source.
Develop an ethical health improvement plan with outcome criteria that addresses the population health issue that you identified in your evaluation.
- Consider the environmental realities and challenges existing in the community.
- Include interventions that will meet community needs.
- Address potential barriers or misunderstandings related to various cultures prevalent in the community.
Propose criteria that can be used to evaluate the achievement of the plan’s outcomes for your population health improvement.
- Explain why your proposed criteria are appropriate and useful measures of success.
Explain how you plan to apply strategies for communicating with community stakeholders and community members in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way about the development and administering of your population health improvement plan.
- Identify the community stakeholders that are relevant to your Evidence-Based Population Health Improvement Plan.
- Develop a clear communication strategy that is mindful of the cultural and ethical expectations of colleagues and community members regarding data privacy.
- Ensure that your strategy enables you to make complex medical terms and concepts understandable to members of the community regardless of disabilities, language, or level of education.
Explain the value and relevance of the resources you used as the basis for your population health improvement plan.
- Explain why the evidence is valuable and relevant to the community health concern you are addressing.
- Explain why each piece of evidence is appropriate and informs the goal of improving the health of the community.
- Communicate the Evidence-Based Population Health Improvement Plan in a professional, effective manner that encourages the community stakeholders to implement and sustain change.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
- Length of submission: 5–7 slides. Balance text with visuals. Avoid text-heavy slides. Use speaker’s notes for additional content.
- Font and font size: Appropriate size and weight for a presentation, generally 24–28 points for headings; no smaller than 18 points for bullet-point text. Use a suitable professional typeface, such as Times or Arial, throughout the presentation.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans. Current source material is defined as no older than five years unless it is a seminal work.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
Competency 2: Apply evidence-based practice to design interventions to improve population health.
- Evaluate the environmental and epidemiological data about a community to determine a population health issue.
- Develop an ethical health improvement plan with outcome criteria that addresses the population health issue identified in the evaluation.
- Explain the value and relevance of the resources used as the basis of a population health improvement plan.
- Explain a plan to apply strategies for communicating with community stakeholders and community members in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way about the development and implementation of the population health improvement plan.
- Communicate the Evidence-Based Population Health Improvement Plan in a professional, effective manner that engages the community stakeholders to implement and sustain change.
- Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.