1. What does the central nervous system (CNS) comprise? The peripheral nervous system (PNS)?
2. What are some possible causes of disease of the nervous system?
3. How is the nervous system evaluated during a diagnostic examination?
4. What are the three vascular disorders that may result in a cerebrovascular accident (CVA)?
5. How does a transient ischemic attack (TIA) differ from a CVA?
6. What are some of the likely causes of epidural and subdural hematomas? Which condition is more likely to have a delayed onset of symptoms?
7. Which condition is more serious, a cerebral concussion or cerebral contusion? Why?
8. What is the relationship between the location of a spinal cord injury and the signs and symptoms?
9. Which diagnostic findings may indicate a degeneration or rupture of an intervertebral disk?
10. How does spinal stenosis contribute to sciatic pain?
11. Are headaches always a symptom of an underlying disease? What are some causative factors of cephalalgia?
12. What are the classic signs and symptoms of a migraine?
13. What are the different types of epileptic seizures? What are the first aid guidelines?
14. What are the characteristic signs and symptoms of (a) Parkinson disease, (b) Huntington chorea, and (c) amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)?
15. What are suggested causes of and treatment interventions for transient global amnesia?
16. What are some causative factors of peripheral neuritis?
17. How does a patient with trigeminal neuralgia typically describe the pain?
18. What is the clinical appearance of a person with Bell palsy?
19. What is the diagnostic significance of nuchal rigidity in the presence of headache and photophobia?
20. What are the possible etiologic agents of encephalitis?
21. What is the pathologic progression of Guillain-Barré syndrome?
22. How do infectious organisms reach the brain? How is a brain abscess treated?
23. What is post-polio syndrome?
24. How are intracranial tumors classified, and what determines the symptomatology?