1) Discuss at least 6 health benefits of physical activity…( don’t forget to think about the role exercise plays in chronic disease prevention, and how, as well… think back over the quarter, too. In terms of what we have learned in this regard)?
2) Would you recommend The keto or Zone Diet ( high protein/ and or fat, low carb, low kcal) to an athletic friend? Why or why not?
3) Describe the optimal diets for an athlete. Look at nutrient and fluid needs.
4) How would the diet differ for a power lifter versus a marathon runner?
5) Compare and contrast anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. Include signs, symptoms and health consequences of each. How are these best treated?
6) Give some examples of additives, and discuss some pros and cons of adding additives to foods?
What are some strategies that the consumer and industry each can utilize to prevent food spoilage and food poisoning?
7)Discuss some steps you could take, and/or are already taking to help reduce both global and local malnutrition/ hunger/ food shortages issues etc…..
8) Create a menu for a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, that is heart health, rainbow-colored ( produce- so plenty of phytonutrients, pigments,etc) local as possible (so less fuel costs)and inexpensive.