Case: Criminal Law
Phillip Esformes has joined the ranks of medical professionals and businesses found guilty of defrauding the government. Using the background reading as well as other sources, research the case against this individual. After completing your research, please respond to the following questions.
- Provide a brief summary of the case against Phillip Esformess.
- What were the actual charges filed against him?
- What was the punishment?
- Discuss the final outcome of the case. Was it justified? Be sure to cite reliable sources to support your analysis.
- Explain what ethical principles were violated.
- How do fraud cases such as this have an impact on the equity of care for the elderly as a vulnerable population?
Length: Submit a 3-page paper.