A1 Business and Technical College Thinking Like Engineers Discussion
Rely on our professional academic writers and forget about missing deadlines. All custom papers are written from scratch.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
1 and 3-Hour
Read “Thinking like an engineer.”
(One Page, Single Spaced, 12-Point Font)
- What was the decision Lund made?
- Do you agree (or not) with Davis’s criticism of his understanding what Lund was asked to do?
- Do you agree (or not) that a code helps protect engineers from getting fired for doing the right thing?
- Do you think Davis is right about the code and had Lund followed it, it would have prevented him from thinking like a manager?
- Davis, M. (1991). Thinking like an engineer: The place of a code of ethics in the practice of a profession.Philosophy and Public Affairs, 20(2), 150-167.ThinkingLikeEngineer_Davis.pdf
This week’s additional homework – DUE 11am FRIDAY
BOTH 1 and 3-Hour
(No page limit)
a) Explain what the Sustainable Development Goals are and
b) your role as an engineer in achieving the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
c) List five sustainable development goals you believe you can contribute to as a civil/environmental engineer and list two specific targets associated with each of the five SDGs you identified that a civil/environmental engineer you can contribute to. One of the five SDGs you select should be SDG 11 (Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable).
• Why is it so important for civil engineers to take sustainability seriously? – The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) is a professional membership body based in the U.K. with 95,000 civil engineer members. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4FZKrZIOhg (2.06 mins)
• The Sustainable Development Goals – Action Towards 2030 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-xdy1Jr2eg (5.52 mins)
• Emma Watson introduces The World’s Largest Lesson 2016 #2 – The Global Goals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTt5YW7Pagc (5.28 mins)
• https://sdgs.un.org/goals (SDGs are listed along with individual targets under each SDG)
Role of engineers with SDGs
• Why are the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals so important? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVe0CtW8rxw (1.55 mins)
• Engineers: Leaders in Sustainable Infrastructure Development (makes a case for encouraging engineers to be leaders in sustainable development and offers insight on how Canada approaches sustainable design) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQGyE1gx6A (2.45 mins)
• Creating Sustainable Communities – Part I ASCE – Discussion on the role engineers play in the Partnership for Sustainable Communities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GfdWuviZY (7.21 mins)
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online