University of Phoenix Week 5 Policing Challenges Questions
Rely on our professional academic writers and forget about missing deadlines. All custom papers are written from scratch.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
1. Because policing is everchanging, it’s important to understand elements that are impacting it and what the future might hold. Discuss two of the following challenges law enforcement faces in the future. (Recruitment and retention, officer trauma, DNA testing, employee morale, calls for ‘defunding police’, budgetary restraints, evolving crime trends, opioid epidemic, protecting officers’ safety and health, strengthening police-community relations, or training, development, and management.). You must cite your references.
2. Discuss how one of the following technologies aids in policing. (Electronic citations, license plate readers, facial recognition software, computer-aided dispatch, crime mapping, NIBIN).
You must cite your sources in APA format.
2. Recent incidents have generated an uproar regarding police use of force. Despite the fact the use of deadly force has declined for decades, each incident seems to spawn a new controversy, even when police officers are justified in their actions. The public often jumps to conclusions without hearing all the evidence.
Technology has played a large role in these events, making the job of a police officer even more challenging. This same technology has the opportunity to improve policing policies across the country, especially when it comes to managing and building community relations.
Imagine a scenario where your department is considering using body cameras and social media as part of a digital dive initiative to build community relations. You have been asked to provide your observations on the future challenges in the field of policing and how the implementation of these technologies can contribute to building safer communities.
Write an 800- to 1,050-word white paper for your department. A white paper is a report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.
According to the Purdue Online Writing Lab, “…the purpose of a white paper is to advocate that a certain position is the best way to go or that a certain solution is best for a particular problem.” In this case, your white paper is meant to help your police department better understand the issues and opportunities around technology, including the use of body cameras and social media.
In other words, a white paper is a research paper in the business/government world rather in an academic setting.
Double space with paragraphs.
Address the following in your white paper:
- Your title page should bear an appropriate title, the name of your “police department, etc. Remember, this is for your agency’s command staff so it shouldn’t look like a school research paper. Assume you are an officer assigned to research and report on these topics.
- Describe challenges the field of policing will face in the future. Provide examples.
- Explain how community relations impact the challenges police officers face.
- Research and describe an incident for which using a body camera has helped the police in accountability and effectiveness.
- Research and state an example for which social media was used as a tool by the police in crime control and community relations.
- Identify new technologies that can be used in policing in the future to build safer communities and how. Provide examples.
- Make specific, detailed recommendations to your department about decisions it should make regarding new technology, including the use of body cameras and social media. Justify your recommendation.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online