Bullying often occurs in organizations and, in some cases, can go unchecked. A properly prepared organization works proactively to prevent bullying by having the proper training and policies in place. Even so, bullying may occur in an organization from time to time. During this assignment, operate from a management lens and address a bullying incident that occurred in a real organization. Research a bullying incident in an actual organization to complete the assignment.
This assignment consists of two parts. For the first part of this assignment, you will need to craft a memo that addresses the organizational response to bullying. The second portion requires you to elucidate three ways that would sufficiently and successfully communicate the memo to the organization.
Part 1: The Memo
For the first part of the assignment,
- Create an organizational response that addresses the bullying incident in the workplace.
- Identify how it will be addressed, mitigated and prevented.
- Incorporate stats from the article Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable .
- Outline four relevant points that an organizational training program could utilize to address the negative effects of the bullying incident in the workplace.
For guidance on writing a business memo, see the Writing Center resource Writing a Business Memo.
Part 2: Analysis of Communication Technology
For the second part of the assignment,
- Select three communication technologies to communicate the policy.
- Formulate two benefits and one limitation of each selected technology.
Along with the Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable article, use at least two other credible sources in addition to the textbook to support your paper.