UNIT 2 assignment 1 ARTICLE ANALYSIS, psychology homework help
Rely on our professional academic writers and forget about missing deadlines. All custom papers are written from scratch.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Unit 2 Assignment 1
- Article Analysis Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Article Analysis Worksheet.
- The Debilitating Effects of TV on Children.
- Elements and Standards of Critical Thinking Model.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 3: Analyze scholarly information and research findings through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of psychology.
- Analyze the purpose of a particular research article.
- Identify the assumptions the author makes in the research article.
- Identify the author’s point of view.
- Identify the arguments authors make for their points of view.
- Describe the types of evidence authors use to support their points of view.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write in a manner that is scholarly in tone, easy to follow, and free from grammatical and spelling errors.
In this assignment, you will analyze Grohol’s blog entry, “The Debilitating Effects of TV on Children” through the completion of the Article Analysis Worksheet (linked in the Resources). In your analysis, describe the author’s purpose, point of view, arguments, assumptions, and the evidence he presents for his arguments and assumptions. Use the Elements and Standards of Critical Thinking Model to help guide you in considering these various elements of thought.
As you read Grohol’s blog, consider the following:
- The reason (purpose) Grohol has for writing the blog post. Think about why he is interested in the topic. What is the problem addressed? Who is his audience—whom does he want to influence?
- Note the assumptions Grohol appears to make. Think in terms of what he has to take for granted in order to proceed with his thoughts about the subject.
- What is his point of view on the subject?
- What arguments does Grohol make for his point of view? Think about the main points he presents that support why he thinks and feels the way he does about children viewing TV.
- What evidence does he use to support both his assumptions and arguments? Does he present research, information from other experts, factual discoveries of his own, or examples? What assumptions does the author make for which he does not present evidence?
Complete the Article Analysis Worksheet and submit it for grading to your instructor.
Refer to the Article Analysis Scoring Guide to understand how this assignment will be graded and ensure you meet the grading criteria.
Note:Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperOrder Over WhatsApp Place an Order Online